I recently bought this bee-yootiful raspberry metallic. Because the films are laminated to a cowhide dyed dark gray, the color looks deep, like claret.
I went looking for pigskin to line it with and couldn’t get over the perfect match I found! (Cowhide at left, pigskin to the right.)
The front and the lining have been cemented together, a pattern drawn on, the edges stitched, and the pieces then cut out. On the right, you can see that I’ve sewn on a strip that attaches a series of split rings to the area that will go down the length of the foot. After I finish making the sandals, I’ll slide tiny bells into the rings.
The topsole, nailed to the last. I’ve done an initial setup to mark where I should punch holes for the straps.
The holes have been punched for the straps. I’ve applied cement and am waiting for it to cure. Next step is to push the ends of the straps into the cement to hold them in place.
Removed from the last so as to…
…hand stitch the straps to the topsoles (for reinforcement), and then cement on the soles.
Trimmed off the extra sole and cemented on a rubber heel.
And finally, I added on the bells. Whoa, between the red leather and the silver bells appearing blindingly white,, these look like some kind of Christmas sandals.