The other day, the back strap of these sandals got twisted up when I put them on.
And I discovered a tweak that makes an old pattern look new!
The original pattern is shown at top, cut out of leather. To tweak the pattern, I moved the bottom part of the strap underneath the upper part of the strap and stitched to hold it permanently, as shown at bottom.
Straps cemented but not yet stitched.
Uppers cemented to the soles; all that remains to do is sand the soles, buff them, and add a heel.
Frankly, I like the way this looks, especially around the toe area…some day, I’m going to make some sandals where the edges of the topsole and sole don’t meet flush!
Finished. The same, but different!